Sunday, August 14, 2011

Lemon #2 Love!

Okay. So today, there were so many things that I could mention for today's "lemon," so I decided to just talk about what I learned today.
Today was Michael's farewell talk in church. We've dated for 15 months, and I've grown to love him more and more everyday. Now, I don't want to get too sappy, because that's not my style, but today I learned an important lesson about love. Love isn't fleeting. Love lasts forever. I am aware of that cliche, but I know it's true. 
Watching the love of my life talking about spending the next two years of his life in the South, teaching the gospel of Christ, I realized that nothing is ending. Something wonderful is about to begin. This is going to be a beautiful experience for both of us. I believe that our love will grow each day, and the bond between us will be strengthened over time. 
Surrounded by people I love, I realized that love can endure. Love and fear cannot exist together, so to feel the deepest love that God has given us on this earth, is a fearless act of courage. 

Now for some interest, here is a couple who demonstrate what true love really means:
Gordon B. Hinckley and his wife, Marjorie Hinckley. May they rest in peace. They lived a long and beautiful life together, and they are perhaps the cutest couple I've ever known. I hope to someday have a marriage like theirs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment