Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Once a lemon, always a lemon.

Before reading the post, watch this music video to one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite artists:

It's time I thanked someone that is really special to me. This video really reminds me of how he treats me and reminds me that he has never once given up on me. Michael Schnell has always been the strong shoulder I've needed when I've been in pain. I've felt much like this girl in the video. Sometimes I just can't handle it anymore... and Michael has always been there to either lift me back up, or just lay down by me and let me cry.
I've been impossible to handle sometimes. I'm sensitive, especially right now. And for some crazy reason, he still loves me. I know I don't deserve it, but I have always been grateful for it, whether I've shown it or not.
When I was young, I always tried to picture what it would be like to fall in love. It's probably not surprising that when I pictured it, I would picture fantastical scenes of sweeping romance and a fairy tale-like meeting and engagement. Now that I know what it's really like, I couldn't have it any other way. In a fairy tale, there is no room for reality, and life always supersedes the imagination. I always thought this was unfortunate, but really, it's so much more valuable than anything a fairy tale can offer us when it comes to love and experience. Fairy tales don't show us what happens when life turns a little sour. Will the prince stay if he finds that his princess is not as perfect as she seemed in that gleaming glass coffin? What will the prince do when his "beauty" grows old and starts to forget who he is? It's something I think we all need to think about. I knew Michael was a true prince when he stuck by me and loved me despite all my flaws. I wish I could more of a princess to him, and that is something I'm working on.
So anyways, I hope that wasn't too mushy... I just thought it was well past due.
So to the guys who read this: take notes.
To the girls: I hope your prince is perfect for you too
And to Michael: Here's lookin' at you, kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment